College Counseling info for Parents of Seniors
Below is a recording of our recent Senior Parent Night.
Featuring a panel discussion with college reps from Elon University, Washington University in St. Louis, University of Oregon, and Vanderbilt, facilitated by Stacey Ho. This informative discussion clarifies many questions around the impact of COVID19 on the college admissions process.
- • Basics of College Admissions 2.0 – How will Admission Counselors review your extracurricular involvements?
- • Inside the Yale Admission Office
Materials from Senior Seminar
Topic: Responding to UC Personal Insight Questions
- Video explaining PIQ’s that work vs PIQ’s that didn’t work UC PIQs Sample Answers
- UC PIQ Worksheet: https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/_assets/files/how-to-apply/uc-personal-questions-guide-freshman.pdf
- College Essay Guide: https://www.collegeessayguy.com/blog/uc-essay-prompts
- Ask Ms. Sun: https://askmssun.com/show-dont-tell/
- How UC apps are reviewed: https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/how-to-apply/applying-as-a-freshman/how-applications-are-reviewed.html
We hope you will find these videos helpful in answering many of the questions around the process of how we help guide our students nearing the end of their high school experience. Whether that’s college or any of the myriad options that are available, we are committed to helping our students move on to their best next steps. If you ever have questions, we are always happy to answer them via email or through individual consultations.