Reopening Plans for 2020-2021
Thank you to our community for your patience during this unprecedented time.
We also want to thank our Board of Directors for their support and consultation. Most importantly, we want to thank our task forces for literally thousands of hours of research, discussion, and planning for this reopening. The work continues and we marvel at their energy and enthusiasm for creating the best possible experience for our Kehillah students!
On Monday evening, our Board of Directors unanimously approved our proposal to plan for a hybrid school reopening in August. As always, the physical, social-emotional, and mental health and safety of our community is our top priority. While we are moving forward in planning for a hybrid school reopening, we are concurrently preparing for our program to shift to 100% remote when required for the health of our community. One of the benefits of the hybrid schedule we have designed is that it allows us to pivot to a fully remote program without delay.
Schedule for Reopening
We are also creating open air spaces to extend the usable footprint beyond the walls of our building.
We will be aligning with the
Four Pillars Of Prevention:
We have appointed our Director of Health & Safety who will head our COVID Response Iteration Team through this year. Additionally, we continue our contact with third-party experts to guide our health and safety practices.
We are currently creating a dynamic section of our website devoted to detailed information on our reopening plan during this pandemic. We have the goal of launching this early next week.
- • As mentioned previously, an all remote option will remain available for families who choose this for their child/children.
- • A/B Grouping with approximately 50% of our students on campus at one time.
- • Alternating one week on campus, one week off campus.
- • Students will have their full academic course load and experiential education programs.
- • Students will fully engage in academic program whether in person or remote.
- • Students will have lunch assigned during one of the blocks.
- • Wednesday provides a flex day for extra cleaning, faculty PD, experiential ed, grade-level programming, and office hours for 1:1 and small group meetings with teachers.
Register for Couchside Coffee
We look forward to zooming with you next week!
Daisy & Patti