Dear Kehillah Families,
Over the last several years, you’ve heard about (and, I hope, have experienced) our participation in the Common Ground Speaker Series, a parent-education consortium of 42 schools now entering its 20th season. Each year, Common Ground presents a slate of distinguished speakers and special events on leading-edge topics designed to address some of the most pressing challenges parents and educators face in building strong families, engaging schools, and healthy communities. This year, all events are likely to be held virtually over Zoom. As members of Common Ground, Kehillah families and educators are entitled to attend Common Ground events free of charge.
The 2022-23 Common Ground Speaker Series offers support to foster, navigate, build, create, model, and inspire within our families and our schools.
- •Foster a peaceful and cooperative dynamic for children learning at home;
- •Navigate the new environment for college planning and admissions during the pandemic;
- •Build resilience and agency in teens;
- •Create stronger bonds through meaningful conversation;
- •Model anti-racist values for children;
- •Inspire action for racial equity; and
- •Understand the importance of restful sleep and joyful movement for learning, memory, health, creativity and connection.
We invite you to attend these virtual events and subscribe to the Common Ground newsletter to stay up to date on this season’s speakers and events. Register in advance to receive the webinar Zoom link prior to each event. Additional resources, including videos and handouts from past events, can be found on the Common Ground website and Kehillah KPA Page.
In years past, Kehillah parents have gathered to discuss Common Ground events. If you are interested in organizing a virtual pre- or post-event get-together, please reach out to our Kehillah Common Ground school reps Elana Manson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ann Osborne (email@example.com).
We hope you enjoy the Common Ground Speaker Series. Please let us know if you have any questions.