We have very limited space available in all grades for the 2022-2023 school year. Complete applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage you to begin your application today!
An eighth-grade student’s application for admission to Kehillah for the 2023-2024 school year includes completion of the steps outlined below.
- Submission of the Parent/Guardian Application (due January 12, 2023);
- Payment of the $100 non-refundable Application Fee (due January 12, 2023);
- Submission of the Student Application (due January 12, 2023);* Preview
- Submission of a graded math assignment or test from the student’s eighth-grade year (due January 12, 2023);
- Submission of a graded English assignment from the student’s eighth-grade year (due January 12, 2023);
- Submission of the completed Transcript Release and Confidentiality Form to the student’s current school (due January 12, 2023);
- Request of recommendations from student’s most recent English teacher, math teacher, and counselor or principal (due January 12, 2023);
- Scheduling of student interview with Kehillah Director of Admissions Robert Smith. The interview can be scheduled by emailing Robert at firstname.lastname@example.org and can take place in conjunction with a student’s shadow visit (which we recommend as a way for students to get to know Kehillah). A date for the student interview (and optional shadow visit) should be reserved by January 12th. The interview (and optional visit) should be completed by February 10th.
- Scheduling of parent meeting with Kehillah Head of School Daisy Pellant or Assistant Head of School Patti Carbery. Meetings for families whose last name begins with letters A through L can be scheduled at this link. Meetings for families whose last name begins with letters M through Z can be scheduled at this link. A date for the parent meeting should be reserved by January 12th. The meeting can be completed between October 3rd and February 10th.
*PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION (Optional): If you have a passion you would like to share with us, we invite you to submit an example of art, video storytelling, photography, creative writing, performance, technology, or — surprise us! Click on this link to upload submission.
A NOTE ON STANDARDIZED TESTING: Kehillah will not consider the SSAT or the ISEE in our admissions process this year.
Kehillah applicants have the option of submitting scores from standardized exams (like the ERB, CAASPP, or MAP) administered at their schools as a part of their eighth-grade academic program. However, Kehillah will not evaluate students differently if they do not submit scores from these exams. Additional context on Kehillah’s testing policy can be found here.
Kehillah does not discriminate against applicants or families on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its admissions policies.