An 8th grade student’s application for admission to Kehillah includes the steps outlined below. Online applications for admission to the 2018-2019 academic year are now available: Choose “Apply Online” from the Admissions menu above.
(Note that while we prefer online applications, the pdfs to the right of this page can be printed, completed, and turned in to the Kehillah Admissions Office via email or US mail instead.)
- Parents’ completion of the Parent/Guardian Application (due January 11, 2018);
- A $100 non-refundable Application Fee (due January 11, 2018);
- Student’s completion of the Student Application (due January 11, 2018);
- Completed Transcript Release and Confidentiality Form submitted to the student’s current school (submitted to current school by January 11, 2018);
- Recommendations from student’s 8th grade English teacher, math teacher, and counselor or principal (submitted to current school by January 11, 2018)*;
- Acceptable score on either the SSAT or ISEE (nationally administered and normed high school admissions exams) from exam administered no later than February 11, 2018). Kehillah administers a closed “flex” SSAT exam on three Sundays in 2017-2018. Click here for more information and for registration Access Codes;
- Student interview with Kehillah administrator (usually during the applicant’s Campus Visit (aka “Shadow Visit”).
*A recommendation from a community professional (clergy member, youth group leader, community mentor, etc.) is optional.
A Campus Visit (also known as the “Shadow Visit”) at Kehillah for most or all of a school day is recommended.
Admission Decision letters will be mailed on Thursday March 15, 2018 (and emailed after 4 p.m. on Friday March 16), and admitted students have until March 23, 2018 to return enrollment contracts and deposits to Kehillah.
Kehillah does not discriminate against applicants or families on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its admissions policies.