An 8th-grade student’s application for admission to Kehillah includes the steps outlined below. Online applications for admission to the 2019-2020 academic year are now available: Choose “Apply Online” from the Admissions menu above.
- Parents’ completion of the Parent/Guardian Application (due January 10, 2019);
- A $100 non-refundable Application Fee (due January 10, 2019);
- Student’s completion of the Student Application (due January 10, 2019);* Preview
- Completed Transcript Release and Confidentiality Form submitted to the student’s current school (submitted to current school by January 10, 2019);
- Recommendations from student’s 8th grade English teacher, math teacher, and counselor or principal (submitted to current school by January 10, 2019)**;
- Acceptable score on either the SSAT or ISEE (nationally administered and normed high school admissions exams) from exam administered no later than February 2, 2019). Kehillah will administer the SSAT on Sundays November 18 and January 13 at 9 a.m. Click here for more information and for registration Access Codes;
- Student interview with Kehillah administrator (usually during the applicant’s Campus Visit (aka “Shadow Visit”).
- Parent interview with Kehillah Head of School, Rabbi Darren Kleinberg, Ph.D. Please choose an appointment slot here to take place no later than February 15, 2019.
*If you have a passion you would like to share with us, we invite you to submit an example of art, video storytelling, photography, creative writing, performance, technology, or — surprise us! Click on this link to upload submission.
**A recommendation from a community professional (clergy member, youth group leader, community mentor, etc.) is optional.
A Campus Visit (also known as the “Shadow Visit”) at Kehillah for most or all of a school day is recommended.
Admission Decision letters will be mailed on Thursday, March 21, 2019 (and available electronically after 4 p.m. on Friday, March 22), and admitted students have until March 29, 2019, to return enrollment contracts and deposits to Kehillah.
Kehillah does not discriminate against applicants or families on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its admissions policies.