An eighth-grade or transfer student’s application for admission to Kehillah includes the steps outlined below.
- Parents’ completion of the Parent/Guardian Application (due January 7, 2021);
- A $100 non-refundable Application Fee (due January 7, 2021);
- Student’s completion of the Student Application (due January 7, 2021);* Preview
- Completed Transcript Release and Confidentiality Form submitted to the student’s current school (due January 7, 2021);
- Recommendations from student’s most recent English teacher, math teacher, and counselor or principal (due January 7, 2021);
- Shadow visit and student interview with Kehillah Director of Admissions Robert Smith. The visit and interview can be scheduling by emailing Robert at firstname.lastname@example.org and should take place no later than January 7, 2021;
- Parent meeting with Kehillah Head of School Daisy Pellant, or Principal Patti Carbery. Meetings can be scheduled by emailing Susie Green email@example.com and should take place no later than February 12, 2021.
*PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION (Optional): If you have a passion you would like to share with us, we invite you to submit an example of art, video storytelling, photography, creative writing, performance, technology, or — surprise us! Click on this link to upload submission.
A NOTE ON STANDARDIZED TESTING: Kehillah will not consider the SSAT or the ISEE in our admissions process this year.
Kehillah applicants have the option of submitting scores from standardized exams (like the ERB, CAASPP, or MAP) administered at their schools as a part of their eighth-grade academic program. However, Kehillah will not evaluate students differently if they do not submit scores from these exams. Additional context on Kehillah’s testing policy can be found here.
Kehillah does not discriminate against applicants or families on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its admissions policies.