Michael located to San Francisco from New York in the late 70’s and has been engaged in the construction industry all of his working life. In 1983 he joined a local firm, Apersey Construction and became its President and COO in 1988. In 1995 Michael formed Cannon Constructors North, Inc. with three partners. Michael is licensed as a General Contractor in the State of California.
Since 2000 Michael, his wife Martha, and daughters Sarah and Hannah have lived in Half Moon Bay. They are long term congregants and actively engaged in Temple life at Peninsula Temple Beth El in San Mateo. Sarah became Bat Mitzvah in 2012, Hannah in 2015.
As is the case for many others, the introduction of children into Michael’s and Martha’s lives spurred their engagement with Temple life which in turn broadened their involvement with the Jewish community as a whole. Some of the assignments Michael has been engaged in over the last fifteen years include:
- Past member of the board of trustees of Peninsula Temple Beth El, with five years tenure three of which as treasurer.
- Past member of the board of trustees of the Jewish Home of San Francisco, with seven years tenure and immediate past chair of that board.
- Current member of the San Francisco Jewish Community Federation Capital Planning Committee with eleven years tenure.
- Past member of the San Francisco Jewish Community Federation Board of Directors with four years tenure.
- Past member of the core Design and Construction Committee of the Board for the Taube Koret Campus for Jewish Life in Palo Alto with a five-year tenure.
- Past member of the board of trustees as secretary of Moldaw Family Residences in Palo Alto, with three years tenure.
- Current member of the board of trustees for the Jewish Senior Living Group with nine years tenure.
- Past member of the board of trustees for the Coastal Repertory Theatre and past chair, with five years tenure.
- Current member of the Board of Directors for Kehillah High School.
- Current member of the Board of Directors for Teach With Africa with two years tenure.
Michael is the 2013 recipient of the Trustee of the Year Award from Aging Services of California. A Sacramento based non-profit with over four hundred member organizations ASC is dedicated to provide services to and for the aging population.