Considerations for Designing the Schedule
The 2020-2021 schedule includes 10 academic blocks with classes meeting twice per week. The schedule will remain the same whether Kehillah is running a hybrid or a distance learning model. Students will be fully engaged in learning and experiential education each day and have many opportunities to access teachers. *The option for remote learning will remain available to all families.
- ▪️ Preserve the elements of our programming that keep us uniquely Kehillah: strong community, Jewish wisdom and values, and experiential education.
- ▪️ Maintain a robust, engaging academic program.
- ▪️ Provide significant breaks from screen time.
- ▪️ Increase access to teachers for extra support and personalization for deep learning.
- ▪️ Decrease extraneous cognitive load where possible.
- ▪️ Intentionally support our more observant Jewish community members through scheduling of Reflective Practice and Friday release time.
- ▪️ Preserve student choice of courses for 2020-2021 as much as possible